Monday 20 August 2007

No. of Days Since I Felted Myself with a 1-Pair Hand = 0!

I am furious with myself for this uber-donk play! Still I guess it would have been worse if I had actually won this hand, as that would have been rewarding me for breaking my own rule (something that poker does with alarming regularity, incidentally).

I must thank the poker gods for this lesson and move on, armed with a new conviction that I will fold 1-pair hands in the face of significant aggression postflop.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $53.32
CO: $5.92
Hero: $46.75
SB: $50.30
BB: $81.08


Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with :ac :as
2 folds, Hero raises to $2, SB calls, BB calls.
Villain plays 22/11/1.3 with a river AF of 4. Std button raise with AA.

Flop: :3c :8h :jh ($6, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $5, SB folds, BB calls.
I bet out just under pot and get called in the BB. Somewhat drawy board, with a flush draw and also possible str8 draws.

Turn: :2s ($16, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $15, BB calls.
Nice brick on the turn, so I decide to bet almost pot, in a vain attempt to fold the draws.

River: :9h ($46, 2 players)
BB bets $30, Hero calls all-in $24.75.
Uncalled bets: $5.25 returned to BB.
Flush completes. Also str8's for a QT or a T7(not likely). Villain pushes at me, and this is a mind-bogglingly easy fold, but I convince myself he is on the steal, and that he would have bet a bit smaller with the flush to be sure he got called. WRONG!

Results:
Final pot: $95.5
BB shows Ah 4h

I play this game like a complete novice at times, and I am very cross with myself!

No comments: