Tuesday 14 August 2007

Two Avoidable Feltings and a Misguided Bluff Picked-off

Dunkirk [Hold 'em] (0.250.50 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money
- jualia sitting in seat 1 with $63.15
- vanapeer sitting in seat 2 with $78.68
- _masc_ sitting in seat 3 with $38.00
- JazzAnn1 sitting in seat 4 with $0.00 [Sitting out]
- larplarplarp sitting in seat 5 with $73.05 [Dealer]
- intrarob sitting in seat 6 with $49.25
intrarob posted the small blind - $0.25
jualia posted the big blind - $0.50
** Dealing card to intrarob: Jack of Diamonds, Queen of Diamonds
vanapeer folded
_masc_ called - $0.50
larplarplarp folded
intrarob called - $0.50
jualia checked
jualia plays 18/13/7. I was at two tables with him and I had watched him fire three barrels, including a push on the river with an underpair of deuces to a pretty coordinated board, in a hand that I wasn't in. I was happy to see a cheap flop with my QJs out of position against two opponents.
** Dealing the flop: 10 of Spades, 9 of Hearts, 5 of Spades
intrarob bet - $1.50
jualia raised - $6.00
_masc_ folded
intrarob called - $6.00
A pretty decent flop. I have an OESD, although there is a flush draw on board. I bet the pot, thinking that I might take it down here. Jualia's raise was not unexpected, and could have represented almost anything, from an overpair, through a flush draw, to and underpair, including a T, a 9, or even a complete bluff. I am happy to play a raised pot at this point, with a strong draw.
** Dealing the turn: Queen of Clubs
intrarob checked
jualia bet - $13.50
intrarob called - $13.50
I now have top pair, but I check for pot control. I expected jualia to bet again, and I am happy to call, with my OESD plus top pair.
** Dealing the river: 10 of Diamonds
intrarob checked
jualia bet - $40.50
intrarob went all-in - $29.50
This is where the villain gets rewarded for their earlier aggression. I knew that he was capable of pushing the river with very little, so I felt like my Q could be good. However, I really should have been able to find a fold here. That the villain had a T, made sense of his flop raise, but not his turn bet.
intrarob shows: Jack of Diamonds, Queen of Diamonds
jualia shows: 10 of Clubs, 2 of Spades
jualia wins $97.50 from the main pot
Footnote : About 15 minutes later, villain again pushed on the river, was called down and once again showed an underpair to the board, to lose a stack. Not to me, unfortunately!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dushanbe [Hold 'em] (0.250.50 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money
- hit777 sitting in seat 1 with $7.35
- MrProper sitting in seat 2 with $39.93
- bie22 sitting in seat 3 with $27.77 [Dealer]
- intrarob sitting in seat 4 with $49.25
- daviepoker sitting in seat 5 with $140.07
- Piiit sitting in seat 6 with $50.00
intrarob posted the small blind - $0.25
daviepoker posted the big blind - $0.50
** Dealing card to intrarob: Queen of Diamonds, Queen of Spades
Piiit raised - $2.00
hit777 folded
MrProper folded
bie22 folded
intrarob raised - $6.75
daviepoker folded
Piiit called - $6.75
Piiit plays 21/15/2. Standard 3bet for me out of the SB, facing a raise UTG. The fact that he calls gives me pause for thought, but I am still likely to be ahead of more than half his range.
** Dealing the flop: 8 of Clubs, 7 of Clubs, 9 of Clubs
intrarob bet - $14.00
Piiit called - $14.00
Good new, the flop is all undercards. Bad news, it could hardly be any more draw-heavy! I bet the pot, hoping to either take it down, or charge a heavy price for the villain's likely str8 or flush draw.
** Dealing the turn: Jack of Diamonds
intrarob checked
Piiit went all-in - $29.25
intrarob went all-in - $28.75
A decent card for me. I check, partly for pot control, partly to induce a semi-bluff with something like a naked Ac. I am happy to call the all-in.
** Dealing the river: 6 of Spades
A semi-blank on the river (only a 5 benefits from it), seems like good news for me, but the goddamn villain has called my 3bet OOP preflop with J9s for crying out loud!!! I could never in a million years have put him on that hand, but the fact that I was beaten by any T, or two spades, or KK, AA, 66, 77, 88, 99, JJ, should have allowed me to fold on the turn.
intrarob shows: Queen of Diamonds, Queen of Spades
Piiit shows: 9 of Diamonds, Jack of Hearts
Piiit wins $96.50 from the main pot

----------------------------------------------------

Dushanbe [Hold 'em] (0.250.50 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money
- hit777 sitting in seat 1 with $46.65
- MrProper sitting in seat 2 with $44.33
- bie22 sitting in seat 3 with $38.12
- intrarob sitting in seat 4 with $84.75 [Dealer]
- bobby_peru sitting in seat 5 with $59.20
- zhzzz sitting in seat 6 with $44.90
bobby_peru posted the small blind - $0.25
zhzzz posted the big blind - $0.50
** Dealing card to intrarob: King of Clubs, Queen of Clubs
hit777 folded
MrProper folded
bie22 raised - $2.00
intrarob called - $2.00
bobby_peru folded
zhzzz folded
bie22 plays 13/6/3. I respect his opening range, even in the CO, so I just cold-called with my KQs rather than 3bet. I am happy to see a flop in position with a decent drawing hand.
** Dealing the flop: 3 of Spades, 3 of Diamonds, King of Spades
bie22 bet - $4.00
intrarob called - $4.00
Very good flop for me. Villain Cbets the pot, and I let the clock run down a bit to let him think that I faced a tricky call!
** Dealing the turn: 7 of Clubs
bie22 bet - $10.63
intrarob called - $10.63
Another blank, and I am happy to see another big bet from villain. I figure to still be ahead of his range.
** Dealing the river: 3 of Clubs
bie22 went all-in - $21.49
intrarob called - $21.49
A good river card for me, although this potentially counterfeits my decent kicker. I now only fear AA, 77, or the case 3. When the villain shoves, I am expecting to see a pocket pair at the very MINIMUM, and probably a K for a split. I was astounded to see a naked bluff! What kind of hand did he figure I was going to fold here?
bie22 shows: 9 of Diamonds, Ace of Spades
intrarob shows: King of Clubs, Queen of Clubs
intrarob wins $73.99 from the main pot

No comments: